Study Permit

Study Permits, like most other aspects of immigration, have become quite complex. If you need a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada, and you want to study for longer than six months, then you need to apply for both a TRV and a Study Permit. If you plan on doing a course of study that is less than six months, you do not need a Study Permit; however, you might still need a TRV.

Applications for a Study Permit also require a significant number of documents in support of an application. Again, if you are planning on coming here to study for a significant length of time, you may have already paid for a flight and made a deposit on the school program. For those reasons, you may want to enlist the help of a lawyer, to increase the chance that your application is successful. If you are willing to take a risk and wish to do it alone, you'll find all the information that you need here.